About Me

My photo
All I can be is just me... Here I am for all to see, love me or leave me alone.

Job Hunting or Online Dating?

I am seeing a new trend in job postings that say:  “Job Hoppers need not apply” yet I've observed:

Employers can pay you however little they want for as much work as they want to task you with. 
Employers can change the rules of the game at any time.
Employers can cut your position or let you go at any time without notice. 
Independent contractor and commission only jobs are increasingly common but the hours required never pay off in the end. (Who wants to work 80 hours for 100 bucks?)

I am looking for just ONE person that isn't pulling from a trust fund or living with a wealthy spouse or whatnot... Speaking with respect to today's economy and the decade leading up to it... 
One person who can honestly tell me that they would up and leave a great job, making good money, being treated well, and feeling appreciated... just to try something different every couple years.
Is there even one person actively LOOKING for a job who doesn't feel that they NEED to be?!?!

Personality profiles: "no right or wrong answer", my ass. These are designed for sociopaths and "company men" employers aren't looking for your HONEST answers, but instead they want to know that you can "tell them what they want to hear" even when it's a blatant and OBVIOUS lie.

Finding long term, gainful employment is worse than online dating; employers either want to use you and discard you, or they want you to sign your life over to them so they can systematically rape and torture you for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment